Fake nails - Yes or No?

Monday 28 December 2015

Hello everyone,

I could have written this post a while ago, but I wanted to give you all an accurate review so I waited for the nails to come off, then I could tell you how long they lasted! I have always loved nail varnish and manicures, but I struggle to sit still for long enough to let my nail varnish dry and I am forever smudging or chipping it. Hence my purchase of stick on fake nails. I was a bit wary at first, as I have heard fake nails can damage your natural ones with the adhesive used. However, I was assured that these ones don't do any damage and I can now confirm that it is true! My nails still feel nice and soft and smooth, my only complaint is that I don't have any more to stick on...


See how pretty they looked! I stuck them on, with a little help from my Dad, what are Dad's for eh! I left them alone for an hour, it was agonising to wait that long in case you were wondering, then I trimmed them down to a little longer than the length of my own nails. I bought them for £8.99 in my local Boots and I definitely think they were worth it, even though they only lasted for about 5 days they looked so smart and pretty, I could not stop looking at them. Everyone who saw them commented and said they looked fab. I probably could have got them to last longer, but I kept playing with them, I think I'll get some more and be restrained to see how long they last! The ones I used were the Elegant Touch Express nails and they came in a very handy little plastic box so I could keep the spares and shapes that weren't quite right. If you want to check out their other patterns, click here, their range is huge and deeply fabulous!


I will definitely be getting lots more in different patterns! I bought some red and white spotty ones for my Mam so I may well write a second post with a follow up of her thoughts and some other patterns and colours which I will inevitably purchase.

What do you think of fake nails? Love or hate them? Let me know in the comments below :-)

xoxo

8 comments :

  1. I've never really used false nails but these are a great design. Good on your dad for helping :)

    Honey Go-Lightly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, he was such a star, even though he grumbled the whole way through! You should give them a try :-) Would you like to follow each other? I love to support other bloggers!
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. Hey! Loved reading your blogpost! I think fake nails are a good idea for those days when you want them to look nice, but are to lazy to go through the whole job of painting them and taking care of them.. However, they are not my cup of tea.. I once had gel nails and they really damaged my nails, that's why I'm quite weary about that. :)
    Clarissa
    blondeleve.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Thank you for reading :-) I was so scared of using them, but they didn't damage them at all! It's not really glue and more like a paste already attached to the falsies. You should definitely give them a try some time, but if your nails feel quite damaged try rubbing almond oil into them each night, it works wonders!
      Would you like to follow each other? Your blog looks fab!
      xoxo

      Delete
  3. Love this post! Your nails look so pretty :) xx

    If any other bloggers would like to support each other on G+ or Bloglovin let me know!

    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :-) They looked so fab, I kept just holding out my hands to admire them! I would love to follow you, it's always good to support each other as bloggers.
      xoxo

      Delete
  4. I've always really liked the look of fake nails but I think I'm the kind of girl who likes a manicure more. Your ones are so nice!
    writermonicax.blogspot.com

    -Monica x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love going for manicures too, it always feels like such a treat, especially just before going away on holiday :-) Thank you for reading! Your blog is super cute too.
      xoxo

      Delete

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs