Sample Sunday - Scents

Sunday 11 September 2016

Hello everyone! 

Now I don't know about you, but I love samples! They are such a great way to try out a product to decide whether you like it or not. I have been squirrelling away samples for months now in order to create a mini-series in which I trial them for you :-)


To kick things off let's talk about scents. I seem to get given the same scents all the time, which is great if I like them, but not so great if I want to try loads to review! The two that I have been given many of are Miu Miu and Chanel's Coco Mademoiselle. 


The Miu Miu scent is very fresh and woody, it's almost a unisex scent really. It has notes of akigalawood to give it the freshness, with the more subtle lily of the valley to give a light, floral tone. The fragrance is actually Miu Miu's first foray into the perfume world and I think it is a fantastic first. It makes me quite excited to see what the brand will bring out next. This scent is quite grown-up and would suit any woman of any age. It could be an everyday scent, but could also easily be used as a more elegant evening scent. It really is quite versatile! 


Chanel's Coco Mademoiselle is hardly a new scent, but is very much loved all over the world. A few years ago it was my signature scent, so I am very fond of it. It's a much younger scent than the traditional No. 5. To give it that more youthful feel quite a few floral notes have been added. The more powerful tones to avail the senses are jasmine and rose, with a kick of orange. The after tones of patchouli and vetiver are more subtle, but play a big part in reigning back the scent to keep it delicate and feminine. Although it is distinctly floral, it still manages to keep a freshness which is essential for its youthful vibe. This scent was inspired by Gabrielle Chanel and although aimed at a younger market, I feel it could be worn by anyone! 

Fragrance is something that I get quite excited about and I can't wait for Chanel's latest fragrance to appear on shelves. They have launched a new edition of Chanel No.5 in the form of Chanel No.5 L'eau! This is aimed to be a younger version of the signature Chanel perfume to make it more accessible to a younger market, almost a little sister scent for the original fragrance. 

What is your favourite fragrance? Let me know in the comments below :-) 

xoxo

P.S. Follow my Facebook here

20 comments :

  1. Coco Mademoiselle is one of my favorites! Lovely post, x

    Kate | http://katealifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :-) Coco Mademoiselle is such a classic scent, yet it smells different on everyone!
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. i always keep perfume samples in my handbags so i can use them on the go.


    loovelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do the same! They are so easy to carry with you :-) I love them for long haul flights too.
      xoxo

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Sephora or Debenhams are the best places to go :-)
      xoxo

      Delete
  4. I am looking for a new perfume. Maybe I'll give them a shot.
    How about we follow each other on bloglovin'? Follow me and I'll follow you back.
    http://societyfix.blogspot.com.eg/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy them :-) Sure, I'll comment when I'm done!
      xoxo

      Delete
  5. I absolutely LOVE getting new magazines so that I can try out all of the perfume samples!! Great post, I would really like to try coco Chanel soon. X

    http://ameliagrace1475.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get on over to a beauty store and demand a sample! Every woman should wear Chanel at some point in her life :-)
      xoxo

      Delete
  6. I love trying out perfume samples! Your blog is amazing!

    Bella x
    https://bellasfashionjournal.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have so much of those in my collection. I love them. Maybe I should share my samples too soon. My mom uses Chanel's Coco Mademoiselle and it always smells hours after she had left the house. I actually love this one but my favorite parfumes will always be Elie Saab - Le parfum and Donna Karen - Be delicious

    Deni
    denisday.org| Beauty & Plus Size Fashion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coco Mademoiselle is such a quality product :-) I haven't tried either of those, but I definitely will. I'm always on the lookout for new scents to try out!
      xoxo

      Delete
  8. I want to try all of them lol, I'm in need of a new perfume!!

    istylelooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahh I'm also a fragrance lover! I always pop a new one on my birthday list because I love smelling of something new.

    Coco Mademoiselle has always been a firm favourite though, it's such a classy scent.

    Katie xx lacoconoire.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love trying new scents too, but I do have a few firm favourites that I wear more often! :-)
      xoxo

      Delete

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs