Christmas Carols

Saturday 5 December 2015

Hello everyone! 

No photos for this post sorry! I have been doing some super exciting stuff recently and I thought I would share it with you guys :-) Since mid-september I have been taking part in a local choir group preparing to sing christmas carols. Now I absolutely love christmas and any excuse to get into the festive spirit early is a definite yes from me. However, I didn't expect to enjoy doing this as much as I did. I quickly found that going to choir was one of the highlights of my week, the warm atmosphere and real community spirit has been so wonderful. 

We had our carol concert on Wednesday and it was so beautiful. The girls all wore black dresses and the boys wore suits with red bow-ties, it was honestly so classy and festive I wanted to squeal! Much as I loved the concert, the readings and the cookies, mince pies and mulled wine they were topped by an even better experience today. 

Our choir had organised a few weeks ago to head along to a local children's hospice to sing some carols and christmas songs for the residents. I was very much looking forward to this, it was a chance to make someone smile and bring some happiness to others. Having lost a friend, who spent her last few weeks in a hospice, I was extra keen to give something back, not just for the children, but also for the people who care for them daily. It was a wonderfully rewarding experience and the joy we brought to the children was the single best thing I've done all year, although I did have to stop myself from tearing up! I have so much awe and respect for the carers, families and the children themselves. I am so glad that my day was spent singing and making people happy and I can't wait to do it again next year! 

In case y'all were curious, here is a list of the songs we did, hopefully this will make you listen to them and get into the christmas spirit! 

Carol of the Bells 
Little Drummer Boy 
Jingle Bells 
O Come All Ye Faithful
Hark the Herald Angels 
Once in Royal David's City 
Good King Wenceslas 
Holy Night 
Lo How a Rose Er Blooming 
Silent Night 
Away in a Manger
Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer
We Three Kings 
I saw Three Ships 
Let it Go
We're Walking in the Air
Merry Christmas 

xoxo

No comments :

Post a Comment

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs