Valentine's Day Outfit

Sunday 14 February 2016

Hello everyone, 

So Valentines Day is essentially the same as any other day of the year right? If that’s the case then why is the build up so panic inducing? Seriously, every year it gets to a couple of days before and I suddenly hate all my clothes, hair and makeup…*sigh*. This post is for all of you who, like me, need a little inspiration. 

Let’s make this a kind of blogging get ready with me :-) First I like to pamper myself with a nice hot shower with lots of gorgeous smellies, maybe even a hair masque to revitalise those scraggy ends. Top tip, always shave your legs, nobody likes sneaky little hairs poking through your tights. 

I’m planning on curling my hair so I’ll blow dry it and spray on some heat protectant spray. Then I’l leave this in to do it’s thing! While I wait for the spray I’ll moisturise my face and put on some nice body lotion, probably Soap and Glory Sugar Crush because it is beautiful. I’ll then section off my hair and curl it into loose ringlets. It doesn’t really matter how I do this bit as I’ll then put my hair up in a high, messy ponytail and voila the hair is done. 

Onto the makeup, I’ll prep my face with a bit of Laura Mercier foundation primer. Use this sparingly or it will take forever to dry on your face! I’ll then apply my Charlotte Tilbury Magic foundation (02 pale) followed by Benefit’s Hello Flawless powder in ivory. To correct any blemishes and add a little shape to my face I’ll open up my stunning YSL Gypsy Opale palette. Using the green to cover any red areas and the purple to combat any dullness I’ll even out my face. I use the green around my nose and over any problem areas, and I use the purple under my cheekbones and down my hair line above my brows, I apply it in similar areas to bronzer. I’ll then use the lovely rosy pink blush from this palette across my cheekbones. The highlighter goes on in stages, at this point I’ll brush it under my eyes to lighten any dark circles and across the top of my cheekbones. This gives you a very light contour, perfect for those too pale to pull off bronzer at this time of year! 

I’ll use the Benefit Air Patrol eyeshadow primer across my lids, while that sets a bit, it’s onto the brows. I’ll use the Sephora medium brown eyebrow pencil to fill them in and to hold the shape I’ll pull my L’oreal Brow Artist Plumper clear gel mascara through. For the eyes themselves I’ll use my beloved Naked 3 palette! My go to romantic colours are Strange for the base, Buzz in my crease, Trick in the outer V and middle of my eyelid. I also like to sweep Trick under my bottom lashes. I'll use Burnout towards my inner corners and a dab of Dust at the innermost part. To finish this off I'll blend with a fluffier brush. My favourite mascara at the moment is the L’oreal Miss Manga Punky mascara, I love the vintage, spiked lash look it gives. The eyes are finally done when I sweep a bit of highlight under my eyebrows. 

For my outfit I’m going for a short black skater skirt, black tights and my black high heel suede brogues. I have a lovely cream floaty shirt from Zara to tuck into the skirt, aaaahhhhh it’s so pretty! It is covered in little ballerinas and has a super cute collar and a cut out at the back tied with a long, skinny black ribbon. I like to add my green and rose gold Vivienne Westwood watch and black vintage clutch bag with gold detailing along the clasp line. The bag is so lovely, I found it for £5 in a vintage store. It was in perfect condition and turns out it is from Sack’s 5th Avenue in the 60’s! Anyway I digress, let me know if you ever want me to do a vintage post. 

For those of you who think I have forgotten and am leaving my lips naked, do not fear! I like to do lipstick last as I feel it really finishes off the look. My final touch to the Valentines Day look is my Charlotte Tilbury So Marilyn red lipstick. If the bold red lip is a little too much for you, a more natural alternative is the Gwen Stefani for Urban Decay Ex-Girlfriend lipstick, it is lovely taupe/nude shade that really helps pull the emphasis to your eyes. 

What’s your go to look for the day? Let me know in the comments below :-) 


xoxo

6 comments :

  1. Your outfit sounds adorable, I hope you have a great time! The pinkish shades in the Naked 3 are perfect for Valentine's Day :)

    www.beautyfromkatie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :-) We had a really nice time! I hope you did too. You're right, the Naked 3 is perfect for this type of look.
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. Great post!

    ivyholly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved hearing your whole get ready with me and your outfit sounds amazing. I'm really enjoying your blog already xxx

    http://izzyk1998.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://izzykreviews.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Comments like these really make my day :-) I hope you enjoy my other posts.
      xoxo

      Delete

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs