Mid-Year Book Freak Out

Thursday 21 June 2018

Hello everyone! 

We have reached the middle portion of June which means the internet is being flooded with mid-year reading panic. June is the month to re-assess whether you set realistic reading goals for the year or not :-) So I am coming to you today to update y'all on how my reading is coming along. 

So for those of you who didn't read back in January or who missed my resolutions post, I set myself the following goals. 


  • Read at least 10 books from the Penguin English Library list 
  • Read at least 5 books over 700 pages 
  • Read at least 5 books by authors I've never read before 
  • Read all of the Sherlock Holmes books by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle 
Not too ambitious as you can see! I think the hardest one to complete will probably be the Sherlock Holmes goal, as there are so many of those. I have a big, hardback bind-up of these and it is over 1000 pages of thin, tall paper with teeny tiny writing! 

I'm actually doing really well with these goals, and am well on my way to completing three of them. So far I have read: 

  • 6/10 Penguin English Library books 

Star rating top to bottom: 3, 5, 5, 5, 5, 4
  • 2/5 big books (apologies for the lack of actual photos, we're moving house so most books are packed away right now! :-( ) 
 5 stars 

5 stars 

  • 5/5 new authors 
4 stars 

 3 stars

5 stars 

 5 stars

5 stars

  • I'm 51% through the complete Sherlock Holmes according to GoodReads! 
Now Goodreads is a whole other story! I set myself the goal of 60 books this year and I am absolutely smashing it with 45 books read so far :-) 

I'm hoping to race through loads more Sherlock Holmes when it gets to autumn as these are such autumnal/winter stories to read, I just don't feel like diving into them in the summer. Plus it will count as one of the over 700 page books. To finish off the 700 page challenge I'm planning to read The Woman In White by Wilkie Collins (a PEL!!) and Nicholas Nickleby by Charles Dickens (also a PEL, hell yeah!!). Wish me luck with reading my goals guys! 

How are you guys getting on with your reading goals? Let me know in the comments below :-) 

xoxo

P.s. Follow my Facebook here



No comments :

Post a Comment

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs