"She's A One-Piece Wonder!" **

Sunday 7 August 2016

Hello everyone, 

Whenever I think of summer the image of a glamorous woman laying by a sparkling pool, Tiffany sunglasses on and sumptuous drink in hand, springs immediately to mind. I have always wanted to be that woman! Adore Me inspired me recently to take part in their latest project and create a post all about one piece bathing suits and how to wear them in every day styles. Adore Me has a huge online presence trying to promote women's bodies and appreciation of this, they provide a ginormous range of different styles of lingerie and inspiration on how to wear them confidently. I love how their site is easy to navigate and truly has something for everyone :-) 



I feel like in recent years one pieces became a bit of a "boring" form of swimwear, which is really wrong! I have always loved them, they are key in the whole "Less is more" philosophy and can be infinitely sexier and more alluring than bikinis. Thinking along those lines I have some of my top tips on how to integrate one pieces into your wardrobe and ways to feel confident and stylish whilst wearing them. 

1. Accessorise 


The body is from Topshop and the hat is from a vintage store

The key to styling up any outfit is picking the right accessories! I have always been more of a minimalist when it comes to this aspect of my outfit. Now, when I'm on holiday chilling out poolside all I need is a ridiculously oversized hat and some sunnies. For this outfit, I have a grey one piece which isn't actually for swimming, sorry guys I had to throw in a body somewhere, I just love them so much! But they count as a one piece right? However, I do love the plain swimsuit style anyway, I actually have two black ones. One fringed across the neck with lace and another with many interlocking straps across the lower back. These look super pretty with a big red hat and my purple sunglasses. To match the redness of the hat I love to put brick red nail varnish on my toes just to spice them up a bit. Of course a good book to read is one of my go to accessories, but you guys could have guessed that already :-) 

2. Mix it up 


 Jeans are from Abercrombie and Fitch, hat from Topshop, shirt from Whip and Bang and shoes from Miss Selfridge 


Having a signature scent for summer is so important, I love how fresh this Fierce Icon scent is from A&F! :-) Yes I know it's a man's scent, but I love it

Who ever said a one piece has to be a beach outfit? I love wearing this outfit for a night out in the summer or for going out to dinner. One pieces are slimming, so great for covering that food baby after a big meal! Wearing a one piece under jeans makes you look taller with longer legs, which is fab if you are a shortie like me. For this outfit, I like to pair my strappy black heels with blue skinny jeans and this Malibu one piece. The cutout on the sides give it a very sexy edge without showing off too much. If it is looking a little chilly out I throw on one of Whip and Bang's oversized block pattern shirts. These are wonderfully floaty and the sheer chiffon gives you a lovely shapely look. It's classy, but still very sexy. 

You can still wear this kind of outfit in the winter, I often wear my black one piece with the crossed straps with high waisted black skinny jeans, high heeled suede books and another Whip and Bang shirt. For looks like this I would recommend throwing your hair up in a messy bun and letting little tendrils curl out around your face. It instantly makes the look appear effortless, which is what we all want to achieve. 

3. Layering 


 Shoes are Converse, shorts are from Pull and Bear and the shirt is Abercrombie and Fitch 



Being the fair skinned creature that I am, I need to cover up. I love using a square neck one piece like this one to help me feel stylish and summery, but still cool in the summer months. Pairing a block colour like this with shorts and a sleeveless plaid shirt is such an under-rated style. I love how easy it is to just throw this on with a fringed shoulder bag and dinky converses. It really is the "ready to go in 5" outfit. I love to layer over one pieces as it keeps away the harshness of the sun, but gives you the option to take layers off if you get too hot. Another advantage is that you can whip of your shorts and shirt for an impromptu dip in the ocean! Layering makes you feel floaty and dainty in a way that tight clothes can never do. 

4. Be confident

Some people feel the need to hide from bikinis by wearing a one piece and I think this is so unnecessary. No matter what size you are, wear what you feel good in. Feeling good in a one piece is so easy, there are thousands of styles to suit any shape out there. Love your curves and edges, and enhance them with cuts to suit you individually. Learning what suits me has been a life lesson and I'm sure I will carry on learning as I get older and change. If you are confident and feel as gorgeous as I'm sure you are, then any outfit will look beautiful. 

5. Make a statement 



If you want to really rock the one piece then you have to pick something that makes a statement. It has to be the main feature of your outfit, not just a side accessory. I particularly love styles with a cut out for these. I always see women wearing these and looking fantastic. Bikinis make a statement by showing all you have, whereas, a one piece should hint at hidden delights and make you feel classic and Audrey Hepburn-like. A bold print or an original cut or style is all you need as a foundation to build a cracking outfit. Smarten it up with some tassled sandals, big sunglasses and a red lip, then you're ready to go! 

What are you one piece style tips and go to's? Let me know in the comments below :-) 

xoxo

P.S. Follow my Facebook here!

12 comments :

  1. One pieces are slowly coming back in to fashion! There are so many stylish ones out at the moment!
    Aleeha xXx
    www.halesaaw.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are definitely a key part of any person's summer wardrobe :-) I hope their re-entry into fashion happens quickly!
      xoxo

      Delete
    2. I've nominated you for the blogger recognition award! Check out my latest post for more details.
      Aleeha xXx
      http://www.halesaaw.com/

      Delete
    3. Thank you so much :-) That is really sweet!
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. One pieces are so beautiful but I don't think I could ever wear them right. But these are such great tips to wear something so cool! Love it <3

    xx   B A S H   |   go   say     H E Y   B A S H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think anyone could wear them, you just need to feel confident and comfortable :-) I'm sure if you keep hunting you will find the perfect one for you!
      xoxo

      Delete
  3. I love how you styled this one piece, perfect for Summer.

    fourcatsplusus.co.uk | Amy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :-) I'm glad you enjoyed the post!
      xoxo

      Delete
  4. Great post! Keep writing!

    xoxo,
    blog: www.giustinella.blogspot.com
    instagram: www.instagram.com/givstinella
    twitter: www.twitter.com/giustinella

    ReplyDelete
  5. really great tips!

    www.prettyinleather.net

    ReplyDelete

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs