Q&A With Smiley Central

Sunday 24 April 2016

Hello everyone, 

Not so long back I saw a request for bloggers to do some Q&As over on Smiley Central :-) Smiley Central is run by the lovely Catherine and is filled with inspiration, motivation and the odd beauty post. She writes some really fabulous posts so you should all hop on over and check it out! 

I'm honestly so glad that I emailed her, we have become really good friends through this collaboration and regularly email each other with news :-) To see her post with the questions she sent me click here, but if you want to know a little more about Catherine then keep reading. Go on, you know you want to know more! 

What made you want to start up your blog?
There are so many reasons that I wanted to start blogging, I was really into YouTube before I started my blog and I wanted to be a YouTuber but I didn't have the knowledge or equipment to be a YouTuber, then I found out about blogging, I started reading some popular blogs like Sprinkle of Glitter and Zoella on and off and felt like blogging was for me. Once I found out how to start a blog, I was right into it!

If you had to pick one type of post to write forever, what would it be?
Oooh, this is a hard one! I would probably say inspiration/motivational posts because it so amazing when people tell you that you have helped them, even if it's in a small way. A lot of the time when I write inspiration/motivation posts, I take my own advice. When I'm writing those kinds of posts, it's like another force takes control of me and I end up reading back my posts in the editing stage and thinking "where did that come from???" and "I should really follow my own advice!". Inspiration/motivational posts are a positive experience on both sides of the screen!

If you could go back to the beginning of your blog, what would you say to yourself?
I wouldn't want to tell my past self to change my writing style or probably tragic blog template because in that case, I might not have the amazing opportunities that I do today. I would probably just tell myself that it's going to be okay. I will eventually find a blog template that isn't that horrible (I hope it isn't haha, we all have different opinions), I will eventually get some form of a writing style, I will eventually have amazing friends like Hattie from blogging alone and that I will eventually get a few regular readers.

What gets you most excited to write?
I would probably say the thing that gets me most excited to write is when I'm passionate about what I'm writing about. The feminism series - Let's Talk About Feminism for example, I am very passionate about feminism and I want to tell everybody about feminism and that means I'm excited to write and to share what I know with the world!

Where do you see your blog going?
I would love to see my blog have a few more regular readers, it's not that I care about the numbers, it's just that I really want to grow our small community. My ultimate blogging dream is to be a full-time blogger. I can honestly see myself blogging as a full-time job and I can't wait to see if that is what the future holds!

Quick Fire Round!

Favourite colour?
I don't have a favourite colour because in my mind, picking a favourite colour is not very nice to the other colours, I'm very right-brained, I know.

Favourite food?
Anything vegetarian. Meat tastes like guilt and emotional strain.

Favourite flavour haribo?
In New Zealand, we have Haribos but they aren't very well known and I think I might have tried one packet once. I can't really remember the flavours but I think I remember the clear-ish one being amazing.

Favourite movie?
The Fault In Our Stars, everything about this movie is beautiful and meaningful.

Tea or hot chocolate?
Tea. Hot chocolate is wonderful but tea feeds my soul.

Snow or sun?
I am definitely more of a winter person. In Rotorua, where I live, it snows very, very lightly about once every 10 years so I don't really know if I would find snow annoying or not.

Pinterest or Instagram?
I'm sorry Pinterest, but Instagram wins. I love Pinterest shopping every once in a while but Instagram is something that I check a lot more, plus Pinterest needs to lay off with the emails!

I hope you enjoyed this Q&A, we're thinking of doing some more collaborations in the near future so let us know what you think in the comments below :-) 

xoxo

2 comments :

  1. I am vegetarian to so I completely understand what your saying! Also fault in our starts is just the most amazing movie ever! HAHAHA loved learning some new things about you, I look forward to more Q&A's

    http://emilysthoughts.wix.com/emily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed getting to know Catherine! She is so lovely and writes some brilliant posts :-)
      xoxo

      Delete

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs