Worst Books Of 2018

Sunday 30 December 2018

Hello everyone! 

I hope you are all enjoying a lovely relaxing Sunday surrounded by books, I certainly am. Everyone else is hungover and tired from a party last night and here I am blogging away fresh as a daisy :-) Perks of not drinking right! 

As we head towards the end of the year we all start to get very reflective and decide which books we loved and which ones we didn't enjoy so I thought I'd hop on that bandwagon today. 2018 has been a pretty good reading year for me so writing this post was really hard! I'm always such a soft touch and end up rating books quite high. Usually if it's a 5 star I loved it, 4 stars I enjoyed it, 3 it was okay, 2 I didn't like it and 1 I hated it! 


I didn't actually read any books I didn't like or hate this year as I tend to stick to books I know I'll most likely enjoy, so all my low books this year are 3 star reads :-) 

My least favourite five are:

  • Shadowsong by S. Jae Jones - disappointingly average after a really good first book
  • The Truth and Lies of Ella Black by Emily Barr - a little waffly and far-fetched
  • Turtles All the Way Down by John Green - a bit too quirky for me! 
  • Matilda by Mary Shelley - dark and disturbing, but not as good as anticipated 
  • The Surface Breaks by Louise O'Neill - over-hyped so I expected better, so this one may be on me! 
I was really disappointed by these books as I really wanted to love them! I'm hoping next year the books I'm excited about will live up to the hype :-) 

What books were you disappointed by this year? Let me know in the comments below! 

xoxo

P.S. Follow my Facebook here

No comments :

Post a Comment

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs