2018 Reading Wrap-Up

Monday 31 December 2018

Hello everyone!

It's the last day of 2018 and wow is it a grey day! I was hoping for a sunny, wintry day where I could reflect on all my resolutions for next year, but no we have a cloudy, dull and dark day where it's not even that cold. *Sigh* The UK winter is a bit disappointing so far. I do love a crisp winter! 

It's the time of year for wrap-ups so today I wanted to do a review of my resolutions and goals for 2018. I always start the year with grand plans, then I inevitably fall short. Let's see how I did :-) 





2018 Reading Goals: 
  1. Only achievable challenges  I only did Mr. GingerSnap's challenge so this was easy! 
  1. Read 5 big books  Yes! I did so well at this challenge, I read waaaay more than 5 books.
  1. Over 10 Penguin English Library titles  Failed utterly at this, I think I read 6...
  1. Finish Sherlock Holmes Again, totally failed this one. I read no Sherlock this year.
  1. 5 books by new authors Yes! Smashed this one.


Mr. GingerSnap Challenge: 

My partner, Mr. GingerSnap loves to set me a good reading challenge and this year he set me 120 books to read! I actually managed to top this at 121 books so I feel very proud of myself. Especially as my Goodreads goal was only 60 books. 




Top 5 Books: 

Okay guys, these won't be in order because it was tough enough picking just 5, so bask in that moment and if you want a top 1 - Forget It!! 

  • Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare 
  • The Bear and the Nightingale by Katherine Arden 
  • Spellslinger by Sebastien de Castell 
  • Caraval by Stephanie Garber 
  • The Mermaid and Mrs. Hancock by Imogen Hermes Gowar 





2019 Reading Goals:

  1. Finish 5 book series I've already started 
  2. Read more Brandon Sanderson 
  3. Read 5 books over 700 pages 
  4. Complete a 60 books Goodreads challenge 
  5. Finally read Emma by Jane Austen 


Mr. GingerSnap Challenge:

Mr. GingerSnap is setting me a devilishly difficult challenge for next year. He has challenged me to clear my 35 book TBR with the only new books purchased being important new releases I want to blog about! Wish me luck guys, I'm going to need it :-) 


How did you get on with your reading goals this year? Got any good resolutions? Let me know your highlights in the comments below :-)

xoxo

P.S. Follow my Facebook here!

Credit to flower divider here

No comments :

Post a Comment

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs