Beautylicious Bathina

Tuesday 19 April 2016

Hello everyone! 

Ever since I was very young I have greatly admired Marilyn Monroe, she was such an icon and the fact that she still is says a lot about her. Although she was crippled by insecurities about her own body image, she fought to overcome them and remains a great role model for loving your body for what it is. Whether you have curves or fine bones just rock it! 


My favourite Marilyn moment has to be her iconic interview revelation of what she wore to bed… many people will agree on this one. During a live chat for Marie Claire publicising her movie “Let’s Make Love” in 1960, her bold interviewer Georges Belmont asked her what she wore to bed. Her response is the ultimate jaw dropper. Her instantly recognisable voice is heard saying 


“You know, they ask me questions. Just an example: “What do you wear to bed? A pyjama top? The bottoms of the pyjamas? A nightgown?” So I said: “Chanel No.5”, because it’s the truth, and yet, I don’t want to say “nude”. But it’s the truth!”


You may be wondering where this post is going, apologies for the rambling! I feel that Benefit captured the essence of Marilyn when they created the cult beauty product that is the Bathina silky glimmering body balm. It comes with a special velvet puff to buff the product into your skin after a luxurious bath. I have loved this product and it’s scent for years, so was super excited to receive the body care set for christmas. 


The set has a ‘silky and seductive’ body oil mist and an ‘all over me’ scented body mist, both with the superb blend of white blossom, lemon and peach that makes this scent so intoxicating. I love to use the body oil after a long bath, it just adds that final touch to a good pampering session. The body mist I usually spray on just before bed as I find it really soothing, it makes me feel super relaxed! I have to admit, it does make me feel almost as goddess like as Marilyn herself, there is something so luxe about spraying on an indulgent product as part of your nightly beauty routine. 


Who else loves a good princess product? Let me know your faves in the comments below :-) 


xoxo

6 comments :

  1. I was having a look around my local Benefit counter recently and I couldn't get over how amazing all their perfumes smelt :) I love the pretty bottles too!

    Love Holly x
    www.thehollydays.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their stuff is always lovely :-) They are the perfect treat if you're looking for something luxurious!
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. Who doesn't love Marilyn?! She's definitely a beauty icon and she had tremendous strength, more than I think she knew, considering all she had been through both as a celebrity and prior. As for the products they sound wonderful, I've never seen or heard of them before, so thanks for sharing! I hope you're having a lovely start to your week so far, beauty!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    www.thestylecontour.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :-) I hope you try them, they are so lovely! I will always admire Marilyn, she was so unique!
      xoxo

      Delete
  3. I bet it smells much amazing than it looks :)

    xx Jamie | With Love, Jamie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It smells gorgeous :-) It's very floral scent, it lingers on the skin really nicely and it's not overpowering!
      xoxo

      Delete

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs